What Are the Benefits of Whey Protein?
When it comes to protein quality and reaping the benefits of protein, whey protein isolate is king. It is easily digested and rapidly absorbed, and whey isolate is the most concentrated source of essential amino acids, including leucine, which are super important for muscle recovery and growth. Not surprisingly, research shows that whey protein isolate helps promote muscle repair and recovery after exercise, and along those lines, regular supplementation with whey protein isolate (particularly when it’s combined with resistance training) can:
- Enhance exercise recovery
- Improve strength
- Support muscle function
But this is no one-trick pony. The benefits of whey protein isolate go way beyond building muscle and strength. Check out some of the additional benefits of whey isolate:
- Boost metabolism—High-protein foods like whey protein isolate naturally boost metabolism—fivefold higher than carbs and fats do—and that means you burn more calories (and store less as fat). And because whey protein isolate helps build muscle, which is metabolically active even when you’re not, it helps you burn more calories all day, every day—even at rest!
- Appetite management—While protein, in general, increases feelings of fullness and satisfaction (called satiety), whey isolate offers specific advantages. For example, whey protein isolate has been shown to reduce appetite more than other sources of protein (like fish, turkey, and eggs), and it also stimulates the release of key satiety hormones (like GLP-1, GIP, and CCK) and decreases levels of the “hunger hormone” ghrelin.
- Weight management—When you burn more calories (boost metabolism) and eat less (improve appetite management), that means you lose fat! As an added bonus, whey protein isolate may not only help accelerate fat loss, it may also help maintain and build calorie-burning lean muscle. That means whey protein isolate enhances quality weight loss and supports long-term weight maintenance.
- Carbohydrate management—Because it stimulates the release of key hormones involved in healthy blood sugar management, whey isolate has strong glycemic control properties. And when it comes to optimizing energy levels, performance, appetite, and more, taming glycemic variability (i.e., your ability to manage blood sugar levels) is a key player.
- Immune support—Whey protein isolate can boost levels of glutathione, the body’s “master antioxidant.” What’s more, whey isolate is rich in the amino acid glutamine, which is required for optimal immune system function. Also, whey protein isolate contains immunoglobulins and lactoferrin, which boost immunity.
- Healthy aging—Clearly, whey protein isolate isn’t just for athletes and fitness buffs. One of the biggest concerns as you get older is holding onto calorie-burning lean muscle, which is foundational to aging gracefully, maintaining physical function, and promoting overall quality of life. Supplementing with a low-carb protein powder containing whey protein isolate is a great choice to optimize protein intake and promote healthy aging.
Clearly, whey protein isolate is a staple that’s worthy of a spot in nearly everyone’s locker whether you’re an athlete, weekend warrior, soccer mom, or active senior, you’re keto or following another low-carb diet, or you’re looking to improve the way you look, feel, or perform. It’s just that good. However, when it comes to choosing a whey protein isolate powder, they’re not all created equal.
What Makes Platinum 1 the Best Whey Protein Isolate?
You see, the unfortunate reality is that if you take the time to research the typical whey protein isolate powder, you’ll discover it has one or more of the following BIG problems (because MOST do):
- They’re processed using high-heat and/or acid treatments, yielding poor-quality denatured proteins
- They come from cows that have been injected with synthetic growth hormones and/or treated with antibiotics
- They come from cows that have been force-fed GMO grains (like corn and soy) instead of being naturally grass-fed
- They contain potentially unhealthy artificial sweeteners and other additives
- They are contaminated with potentially health-damaging compounds (like heavy metals and BPA)
- They contain ingredients that have no place in a quality low-carb protein powder, like GMOs, gluten, soy, maltodextrin, and added sugar
- They are often difficult to digest and poorly absorbed—leading to digestive discomfort and wasted protein
- They taste bad and don’t mix well
On the other hand, you want to make sure your whey protein isolate powder is:
- Grass-fed from healthy, happy pasture-raised cows
- Carefully cold-processed to ensure the highest quality, undenatured, bioactive whey protein isolate you can get
- FREE from growth hormones and antibiotics
- Non-GMO and free from pesticides
- Naturally sweetened and free from artificial sweeteners
- Easily digested and bioavailable
- Third-party tested to ensure purity and potency
And of course, you want a whey protein isolate powder that tastes great and mixes easily. You’ll be delighted to know that Platinum 1 Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate meets all these criteria and more.
Here are just some of the reasons we truly believe Platinum 1 sets the bar as the best whey protein isolate.
- We start with the cleanest, purest, most expensive form of protein: Whey protein isolate, which is the BEST SOURCE of essential amino acids and BCAAs critical for promoting calorie-burning muscle growth, strength, recovery, and healthy aging.
- This isn’t just any whey protein isolate. This is Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate that comes from happy, healthy, pasture-raised cows treated compassionately, ethically, and cruelty free.
- Our whey protein isolate is ultra-carefully-cold processed using a cross-flow microfiltration, multistep purification process, which prevents the delicate proteins from being denatured and preserves key muscle-building and immune-boosting protein fractions and bioactives (such as immunoglobulins, β-lactoglobulin, α-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptide, and more!) while removing excess carbs, fats, lactose, and cholesterol. This special NO-HEAT process yields the most ultra-dense source of protein imaginable:
- 25 grams of grass-fed whey protein isolate, as well as OVER 11.8 grams of essential amino acids, OVER 5.5 grams of BCAAs, and 2.7 grams of leucine per serving
- Only 120 calories
- VERY low carb (1 gram or less)
- VERY low lactose (less than ½ gram)
- All that means MAXIUM PROTEIN with minimum calories and carbs
- Platinum 1 is the FIRST grass-fed whey protein isolate that’s hydrolyzed, which means it’s enzymatically broken down into smaller components. In other words, hydrolyzed whey is “pre-digested” protein, which means it is ultra-fast-acting and ultra-digestible.
- While we could have stopped there, we added the natural digestive enzyme blend ProHydrolase®, which supports the body’s natural digestion of protein and helps optimize protein use and minimize digestive discomfort.
- Platinum 1 has ZERO added junk, which means:
- NO artificial growth hormones (rBST or rBGH) or antibiotics
- NO soy whatsoever—NO soy protein and NO soy lecithin
- NO GMOs—no GMO ingredients and NO GMO grains fed to the cows
- NO added sugars, maltodextrin, or crappy carbs
- NO gluten
- NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives added
- Perhaps best of all, Platinum 1 Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate tastes phenomenal, and we’re sure you’ll fall in love with the dessert-like flavors with your first taste.
What Are the Best Ways to Use Platinum 1 Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate?
Simply put, there’s no “wrong” way to use Platinum 1 premium whey isolate protein powder. Platinum 1 grass-fed whey isolate is intended to supplement your diet and help you achieve your health and fitness goals. Along those lines, you can use Platinum 1 hydrolyzed whey protein isolate any time to help you optimize your protein intake.
Because it is an ultra-fast-acting hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, Platinum 1 is an especially ideal protein to use before, during, and after exercise. Because it’s so low in calories and tastes so great, it makes for a perfect snack between meals and in the evening when hunger and cravings come calling. Since it’s ultra-low in carbs, it’s also ideal for keto and other low-carb diets.
The simplest way to enjoy a Platinum 1 whey protein isolate shake is to add two scoops of your favorite flavor with 8 ounces of water, milk, or your preferred beverage and mix until smooth. You can even mix Platinum 1 into your coffee for a delicious high-protein, low-sugar “latte.” We think you’ll find Platinum 1 whey protein isolate makes your taste buds dance with joy with its decadent, dessert-like flavors. Along those lines, you may be shocked to find out this Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate contains only 1 gram of naturally-occurring carbs (or less) with NO artificial sweetener.
But a quick low-carb protein shake is just one of many delicious ways you can enjoy your Platinum 1 whey protein isolate powder. There’s an endless variety of high-protein smoothies you can create using Platinum 1 whey protein isolate as your foundation.
You can use Platinum 1 whey protein isolate to make so many great-tasting recipes. For example, you can make a Platinum 1 whey isolate “frosting” by combining two scoops with 1 – 2 ounces of liquid. You can also add Platinum 1 whey protein isolate powder to yogurt, oatmeal, and your favorite pancake mix.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Platinum 1 whey protein isolate recipes, and you can find many more on our blog and at our VIP Community.
Platinum 1 is the world’s first hydrolyzed grass-fed whey protein isolate, which is carefully cold-processed and comes from happy, healthy, pasture-raised cows that have not been treated with antibiotics or genetically engineered growth hormones. It’s free from GMOs (no GMO ingredients, no GMO grains fed to the cows), pesticides, herbicides, gluten, soy, and artificial sweeteners and other additives. Simply put, Platinum 1 is the ultra-Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate.
Here are some of the key ingredients in Platinum 1:
- Hydrolyzed whey protein isolate—When it comes to protein quality (which refers to amino acid content and protein digestibility), whey isolate is typically considered the “gold standard.” Whey protein is easily digested and rapidly absorbed, and it is the most concentrated source of essential amino acids, including leucine, which is the linchpin for muscle recovery and growth. Platinum 1 whey protein isolate powder features cold-processed, undenatured, grass-fed whey protein from pasture-raised cows that have not been treated with artificial growth hormones or antibiotics. We take it one step further in Platinum 1, which features whey protein isolate that’s been “hydrolyzed,” which means it’s enzymatically broken down into smaller components. In other words, hydrolyzed whey is “pre-digested” protein, so it’s ultra-fast acting and ultra-digestible.
- ProHydrolase®—ProHydrolase® is a natural digestive enzyme blend that has been shown in clinical studies to enhance protein breakdown and increase the availability of amino acids (the “building blocks” of protein). In other words, ProHydrolase® supports the body’s natural ability to digest protein to help optimize protein use and minimize digestive discomfort.